1. Software Engineer
- Provide technical leadership in a fast-moving, data-driven environment.
- You will be deeply engaged in the full development lifecycle designing, developing, testing, deploying, maintaining, monitoring and improving software.
- You will deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers.
- You will own your projects and collaborate with fellow engineers and product partners as you solve interesting problems
- Write well formatted modular code
- Compile and integrate changes with the project
- Implement unit tests and functional tests for their tasks
- Convert given high level software design to low level software design
- Use suitable data structures
- Perform, debug and fix bugs, competency in 1 programming language
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (preferred)
- 1+ years of software development experience
- Expertise with Java or similar object-oriented languages
- Strong understanding of MySQL or similar relational databases
- Understanding of how to build high volume, distributed back-end services with latest technologies
- Experienced with building scalable websites (e-commerce) or large-scale applications
- Possess strong debugging skills.
2. Data Engineer (Data Ingestion)
- Build ingestion pipeline from various sources (Databases, logs, and events)
- Maintain core platforms which ingest TB of data/day (billion of rows/day)
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Do research on best practices and new technology surrounding Data Engineering
- Work with stakeholders to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Mentor junior member of the team to ensure everything is up to industry standard
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores is a plus.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment.
3. Data Engineer Lead
- Analyze the requirement to improve the Data Discovery Platform usage
- You will implement scalable architecture and work on a committed team contributing to robust projects
- You’ll lead a team of engineers to design, develop, and ship product features and improvements
- You’ll actively work with the other Data Teams in Tokopedia to enable them to be able to discover data asset in Tokopedia
- People management responsibilities in terms of mentoring, teaching hard and soft skills, and managing their career path
- Nurture and manage the team members to achieve team goals
- Assist the team in day-to-day problems such as debugging issues and others
- Review and approve the detailed designs and changes
- Experience in working with data engineering or data platform
- Experience in Big Data is plus
- Strong sense of ownership and self-starter who is target-driven and motivated
- Experience in leading a team of engineers; you have the ability and interest to teach others best practices and mentor less experienced